- 14U Nationals Team looking for players
Our 14U team is looking for 1 player. Please contact Don Clary at 708.822.3262 or email@example.com for details.
2017/2018 TryoutsTryouts are taking place August 9 - August 12. Click on the calendar for detailed information. To register for the 2017 - 2018 tryouts please click here.
The Rebels organization continues its relationship with highly respected coach Jack Perconte for the 2014-2015 season. This is the fourth season the Rebels are hosting weekly Fall/Winter batting sessions and select clinics with Coach Perconte.
Jack Perconte provides a positive, insightful and productive batting training experience incorporating a mix of drills and hitting philosophy.
Coach Perconte played 12 years of professional baseball including seven in Major League Baseball for the Dodgers, Indians, Mariners and White Sox while posting a career .270 average and a .311 mark in the minors. Coach Perconte operated Perconte’s Sports Academy (Naperville) for 19 years and has given approximately 60,000 lessons, along with conducting countless camps and clinics for players of all ages. Jack believes the best way to help players is through the education of coaches and parents of athletes, so ultimately the youth athletes are the ones who benefit.
Coach Perconte is a member of the Murray State University Athletics Hall of Fame amongst many other sports-related accomplishments.
A 2007 graduate of the University of St. Francis, she compiled three straight 10-plus win seasons and was named Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference (CCAC) Player of the Week on two occasions. As a senior, Kerri posted a 2.85 ERA in 113 innings with 91 strikeouts, and she held opponents to a .258 batting average. In the classroom she was a Dean's List student, and she graduated with high honors. During her college career she coached four summer seasons with the Orland Park Sparks Fastpitch Softball Association.
After graduating from St. Francis, she started her college coaching career as a graduate assistant softball coach for Lewis University. Kerri’s main responsibilities included recruitment, pitching instruction and outfield dynamics. During her time coaching at Lewis, Kerri earned her Master’s Degree in School Guidance and Counseling. She continued her coaching career for two years at her high school alma mater Lincoln-Way Central, while working as an Academic Advisor for Robert Morris University.
She is currently a student-athlete retention specialist for Joliet Junior College and volunteers her extra time toward the Lady Wolves softball program. Kerri teaches group/team lessons for pitching and strength/conditioning programs. Kerri has been teaching individual/group/team instruction for the past six years and primarily focuses on the fundamental, physical and mental dynamics of the game. She currently resides in Plainfield with her husband Michael and two boys Grady and Finnegan.
Lou Simios initially worked with developing pitchers and catchers at Benet Academy in Lisle, IL. His work with players, specifically on technical skills and mechanics, helped the team average 20 wins per season during his tenure. He later took a job with the Benedictine University baseball staff where his primary responsibility was to work with the Eagles pitching staff. In 2012 the BU pitching staff led the league in ERA under coach Simios guidance.
He also is a professional instructor at the DuPage Training Academy.
Kendall Ryndak is currently a pitcher at Lindenwood University, in St. Charles, MO. Highlights of her 2013 season include:
* appearances in 47 games with 44 starts
* named to the All-MIAA Honorable Mention team
* was second on the team with a .347 batting
* had 43 hits which included nine doubles and one home run
* drove in 21 runs and scored 13
* was third on the team with an slugging percentage of .444
* led the team in on base percentage with a .406 mark
* stole two bases in two attempts
* led the team in multi-hit games with 10
* had two games when she drove in at least two runs and twice drove in three
* put together a 10-game hitting streak, which was second longest on the team
* in a game against Truman State had a season-high four hits and drove in two runs
* was also the Lady Lions top starting pitcher
* appeared in 24 games and started 18 in the circle
* had an ERA of 4.85
* compiled a record of 8-10
* had two saves in relief
* was second on the team with two complete games
* gave up 53 earned runs in 98.1 innings pitched
* struck out a team-high 85 hitters
* held opponents to a .265 batting average
* had three games when she struck out seven hitters
* her best game in the circle came against Columbia College when she threw seven innings and gave up just one run on three hits and struck out seven
* struck out at least one hitter in every appearance in every game but one
* current enrolled as a Psychology major.
Elaine HeflinElaine Heflin currently pitches for the UIC Flames. Highlights of her freshman season (2014) include:
* Started eight contests and made 16 appearances
* struck out 46 batters in 47.0 innings
* pitched two complete games against Eastern Illinois (02/07) and Wright State (04/05) with wins against each opponent in addition to a victory at Indiana (03/15)
* went a complete seven innings in her first collegiate start in game one of the season against Eastern Illinois (02/07) and limited the Panthers to two hits while striking out eight
* was credited with just one earned run at Northwestern (04/02)
* recorded four or more strikeouts five times
* walked just one batter after pitching five innings against James Madison (02/16)
Elaine's prep and personal highlights include:
A four-time letterwinner in softball (pitcher) at Downers Grove North (Ill.)
* led her team to four West Suburban Silver Conference championships
* notched a section accolade during her freshman season
* ranked national four consecutive seasons
* served as team captain as a senior
* all-conference and all-regional selection during her freshman, sophomore and junior campaigns
* all-state selection as a junior
* blanked 244 batters during the 2012 season
* received academic letters in 2010 and 2012
* honor roll member from 2009-12
* born Dec. 6, 1994, in LaGrange, Ill.
* daughter of Peter and Ella Heflin
* has one brother, Baker, who graduated from UIC in 2010
* greatest athletic thrill to date is pitching a perfect game during the 2012 campaign
* currently enrolled as a Criminology, Law & Justice major